Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Challenge Day 2


WORKOUT 2: "Your Choice" Cardio, Muffin Top Makeover, and J Lo #1


A phone call from my hubby woke me up at 6:30 and it was so nice hearing from him first thing, I felt it started my day off right.

I promptly started the J Lo video from Clare, and wow!! I know I need the whole body workout but I never really focus on my butt. It’s much smaller then the abs and that is my main focus and with the Muffin Top going next it was a full blast hit today. I am still feeling the burn.

I decide since I was nice and warm from that I would hit the cardio right away. For that I chose to do the PussyCat Dolls Workout, I had found this at a yard sale for a couple buck, the old dancer in me jumped at it. 
Wow it’s been awhile since I did hip hop/ any real choreography (thirteen years to be exact) and I barely made it half way thru but this is going to be perfect for me. 

My kids and I also walked today before dinner. We left with the plan of a quick walk to my father in laws hills and back (we share 54 acres, I live on one side and his hills are on the other) but before I knew it we got back home and it had been over an hour. I was nice and sweaty in spite of the cloudy cooler weather.

I don’t plan on tracking all my food here but I thought I would share todays breakfast. I woke up starving this morning and I felt I needed protein so I made "Loaded Scrambled eggs"
This fed my 4 children and me.
  • dozen eggs
  • hand full of mushrooms
  • one medium zucchini
  • broccoli
  • onion
  • 2 medium potatoes
  • 2 slices of  provelone  cheese cut into chunks with kitchen sissors
  • bacon
  • topped mine with  homemade  salsa (tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers and onions)
I took the onion, potatoes, and zucchini and ran them thru the fine julienne setting on my slicer.
Then chopped the mushrooms and broccoli, I am really wanting a chopper like this to help. Blended all the veggies together and cooked them before adding the eggs.

As for the bacon few months ago I started cutting our bacon in half and depending on the meal maybe even further from there. Today I used the half I had left over from last week. One it was cooked crisp I chopped it and then added it back into the veggies.

I really should have weighed each thing with my food scale but didn’t think about that till now.

Now mind you my kids HATE veggies, so I load them in there and julienned them very fine so they can't pick them out. I had my medium frying pan FULL of the veggie mix before adding in the eggs.

I thought I would share a few pictures from our walk

My joys in life and reasons for doing this!!!
 
A random shot on my property.
The cloud coverage made for some beautiful weather.

DAY 2...... DONE!!

See you tomorrow for my next workout.

Blessings,
Cris

3 comments:

  1. That view is awesome!
    I think I'll use that as my daydream when I'm out walking on my un-sidewalked street tomorrow. ;-)

    You have some cute little motivators in that picture there. I love their smiles.

    I am taking the day off tomorrow from cardio. My muscles are so sore. But it hurts so good, ya know? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is a beautiful view but it gets kinda lonely out here. My closest neighbor is over a half mile away and they are travelers.

    Thanks, I love my kids to death. I wore my tiny one out so bad she passed out 20 mins after getting back and wouldn't wake up for dinner.

    My butt is still hurting from this morning. I am going to try her New Move Monday sheet but I don't have a lot of confidence in it. I am not a very coordinated person anymore. I think I will still do the PCD video and the ab routine for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was an absolute couch potato today after pushing myself yesterday and Monday. How did you do today?

    ReplyDelete