Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Challenge Day 1

Peak313.com

DAY 1

Wow was today a kick in the pants!!! 

First off I prefer to workout early before the kids are up so I don't have to compete for my space, that so didn't happen this morning. I woke up at 5am to it pouring rain, original plan had been to take my laptop out there and do Clare's video...... that didn't happen so I went back to bed. Go figure when I woke up again an hour later my power was out....one of the many pains about living off grid and having cloudy days. I kicked on the generator and powered the house back up and instead of working out since the kids were up we did chores and school.

Finally got my workout in about 1:30 when the generator got shut off.

Boy was that a workout, by the end of the first go round (did it three times) I was sweating like crazy. Good sweating. Bad thing is I forgot to drink water before and after so a little while later I started getting a bad headache. Meds and a shower helped as well as a scolding from my 10yr old daughter telling me that I know better then to workout without my water bottle close by.

A few things I have notice is that next time I do this video and probably most workouts:

  • WEAR MY ANKLE BRACE--- I did the first Hover move but it hurt quite bad so I didn't go to my tippy toes anymore. I may go back into my doctor and see if its normal for me to still experience discomfort 7 months after the sprain and if I should just work thru it or what. I can't afford to further damage it.
  • Double up on the sports bras!! I was wearing a regular sports bra and a tank top with built in support-- that wasn't enough when doing the jumping.
  • DRINK WATER!!! This is my scatterbrained fault but I am going to start charting my water as well as my workouts. 
I also want to share that I have an accountability partner now she blogs over at Dirt Road Lessons

 I have also joined a Facebook group for this as well. 

Now here is the scary part of this post. I am going to do photos each check in, my lovely daughter helped snap these from my cell phone so they aren't the best quality. But here is the true me.....


I will be charting my measurements and pounds and will update once a week on if there is any loss. Praying hard that there is.

I CAN DO THIS!!!

Blessings,
Cris



No comments:

Post a Comment